Wednesday 11 February 2015

My (not very) Superpower

There is a superhero living among you. Do not be alarmed, for it is I! Yes, I have a dual identity. No, I dont wear a cape. Yes, I use my powers for good. No, I dont look good in spandex. Move over Spiderman, stand aside Batman, for I am Mild Discomfort Boy!

Perhaps not the catchiest title, and my powers won't be making millions for Marvel Studios any time soon, but in todays crazy world, my abilities come in very handy. Allow me to explain.

If you need a climbing frame/horse/swing/slide for your children, call Mild Discomfort Boy. He will tolerate being clambered on, having his nose squeezed, his head stood on, and all manner of minor injuries in the name of entertaining little ones.

Going hiking? Off on holiday but have too much luggage? Take Mild Discomfort Boy. He will happily be your packhorse. Although he's not much of a sprinter, he can plod on and on for days.

Need help in the kitchen? Too much to do for Christmas or that party? Mild Discomfort Boy is here to help. He will work 14 hours a day, 6 days a week and always smile! He is also burnproof and resistant to cuts.

Need to change the lightbulb? Not with Mild Discomfort Boy around. He will happily sit in the dark. For ever.

Mild Discomfort Boy has a host of other attributes too, including the power to sit or sleep practically anywhere (including on rocks or in bushes), the power to endure bus journeys of up to 3 days without saying 'are we nearly there yet', the power to open bottles with his teeth at any social occasion (including bahmitzvahs) and the power to converse with the elderly for what seems like eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment