Wednesday 28 January 2015

Turkish Bath


 

Turkish bath:

Upon leaving a sauna, sweating copiously, and adorned only in a modestly sized towel, I am summoned to a steam filled chamber. Here I am subject to a thorough rinsing before undergoing the following ritual: 
 A hairy man rubbing, slapping and essentially tickling me whilst I am covered in suds. There are four of us victims on a square slab enduring this invigorating, revitalising, altogether weird experience. We are arranged so that if I look to the right I cop an eyeful. I keep my eyes closed and fight back tears and laughter in equal amount. I enjoy it. 

Alternative Turkish bath: Me in a shoddy hotel room. The plug doesn’t work so the tub slowly leaks until I resemble a hippo in the dry season, thrashing around in my own filth. I do not enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment